The Belt and Road Institute in Sweden (BRIX) organized an international webinar titled “The Belt and Road Initiative is the Road to International Development, Peace, and Security” on June 28. In attendance were 44 international participants, including several ambassadors and diplomats from Europe, Asia, Africa and Ibero-America. An international panel of experts adressed the two-session webinar, delivering objective facts and visionary ideas on the role of the Belt and Road Initiative in achieving peace through economic cooperation.
Other international speakers were:
– Mr. Henry Tillman, Founder and Chairman of the China Investment Research.
– Professor Chen Xiangming, Director of Urban Studies Program and Distinguished Professor of Global Urban Studies and Sociology at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut (USA).
– Dr. Uwe Behrens, Transport and China expert, Germany.
– Hussein Askary, Vice-Chairman of the Belt and Road Institute in Sweden.
– Moderator: Stephen Brawer, Chairman of the Belt and Road Institute in Sweden.
The second session was addressed by:
– His Excellency Mr. Erik Solheim, Former Norwegian Member of Parliament, Former UN Under Secretary General and former Executive Director of the UN Environmental Program.
– Shakeel Ahmad Ramay, CEO, Asian Institute of Eco-Civilization Reasearch and Development, Pakistan.
– Stephen Brawer, Chairman of the Belt and Road Institute in Sweden.